Good Friday Service 'The Seven Last Sayings of Christ - 10th April
Published on Friday, 10 April 2020 08:00
The final words spoken when our loved ones are ready to depart can have a profound impact on our lives. That's why we pay so much attention to sometimes even barely audible whispers uttered from their frail lips. The final words of a dying loved one can change the direction of someone’s life, can turn someone’s fortune, release somebody from years of unforgiveness and even inspire hope. The seven last words from the lips of our saviour Jesus Christ from the Cross did just that and more. It is so important for us to listen to those words again.
1. Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
2. Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
3. John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother.
4. Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34: My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
5. John 19:28: I thirst.
6. John 19:30: It is finished (it is accomplished, it is complete)
7. Luke 23:46: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.