NTA Covid Safety Guideline & Sunday Service Registration Form (2nd August)
# NewsPublish date Published on Friday, 24 July 2020 08:00
NTA Safety Guidelines - Here’s How to Meet Safely
The following guidelines are based on information from the NHS, GOV.uk and on direction from the leaders of The New Testament Assembly.
- We will hold one service at 11:30 am (both in-person and livestream). The service will be approximately 75 minutes in length.
- Capacity will be limited. We will require attendees to register in advance to attend the service. Registration will be limited based on the GOV.uk guidelines. To maintain the required social distance safely in a building of our size, we are permitted to have up to 120 people in any given service.
- Entrance and exits will be designated beforehand and the ground will be marked to help those entering maintain a one meter separation in between each household.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days will be permitted.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance to each room.
- We are adapting our seating to allow for one metre plus between you (or you and your family) and others sitting near you. Attendees will be escorted to your seat by an usher.
- We will require everyone to maintain a one metre plus separation out of care for each other while on church property (no shaking hands , hugging or gatherings in the building).
- We will require everyone five years and older to wear a face covering while on church property, except those with medical reasons which prevent them from wearing one. This shows compassion and love to others in our church family, some of whom are living with or ministering to the at-risk population.
- Due to the potential increased risk of spreading germs when singing, we will ask that face coverings remain on at all times during the service.
- Nothing will be distributed or passed during the service at this time (e.g. bulletins, offering plate, communion). An offering box/basket will be available to you as you exit.
- For the time being, no other gatherings will be held in our church building on Sunday morning: no children’s or youth Sunday school, no adult classes, no prayer meeting, etc.
- Children will be welcome to attend the worship service, which will have a more casual atmosphere, and our Children’s Ministry will offer ways to help children engage with the service.
- We will encourage those who are more at-risk to continue to participate via livestream in this initial phase; however, those who are more at-risk may nonetheless choose to join the church family in person and will be welcome to do so.
- Out of love for our neighbours, especially those living next to the The New Testament Assembly - Tooting church property, we will ask everyone to queue before entering the building, maintain social distancing, wear face coverings as they enter and exit the building and be patient with our security, usher and media teams.