What Is Alpha?
The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith and the meaning of life.
It’s relaxed, non-threatening, low key, friendly and fun.
Listen, learn, discuss and discover. And ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile. And it’s supported by all the main Christian denominations. “Over 7,000 courses are currently running across the UK in rural and urban settings, including every major UK city.”
The course is based around small groups of about 12 people, hosted by one or two leaders whose role is to facilitate and encourage discussion. The whole course usually lasts for 10 weeks, with a day or weekend away in the middle.
- There will be a meal together at the beginning of each session which gives people a chance to get to know each other.
- The Alpha Course consists of a series of talks addressing key issues relating to the Christian faith.
- After each talk we divide into small groups to discuss the topic of the evening, ask questions and express opinions.
- Listen, learn, discuss and discover. And ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
Who Is Alpha For?
Alpha is for everyone, especially:
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to brush up on the basics
Alpha helps you Investigate whether God exists; discover what the bible says about what happens after death. Do you simply want to understand other peoples’ beliefs or would like to explore what the purpose of life is? You may have never been to church before, or may have attended church occasionally but feel you have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith.
Alpha is for you.
What Will It Cost?
It is completely free but contributions towards the cost of refreshments are welcome.
Courses Coming Up:
No fee for course. Complete the contacts form below to register, simply writing Alpha Course in the message area.
For further information please contact the NTA Administration Monday to Friday between 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Phone: 0208 672 9416 or 0208 7671406